CHRISTMAS TRIVIA QUIZ 2022 – 40 Christmas General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers Pub Quiz
📺 GENERAL KNOWLEDGE TRIVIA QUIZ PLAYLIST:
🔔 SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE QUIZZES:
🧠 PLAY BRAIN GAMES:
** Christmas General Knowledge Pub Quiz Trivia Questions And Answers:
1. What are Santa Claus’ other names?
Kris Kringle, Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Pelznickel
2. What object(s) are typically placed at the top of a Christmas Tree?
Angel or Star
3. Who got ran over by a reindeer (in the classic Christmas song)?
4. In the “Twelve Days of Christmas” what is given on the 5th day?
5 Golden rings
5. What were the gifts given by the 3 wise men to baby Jesus?
Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
6. In the Christmas song, “Little Drummer Boy” what line comes after “Come they told me” ?
Pa rum pum pum pum
7. What is the highest grossing Christmas movie of all time (as of Dec 2021)?
The Grinch ($511M USD)
8. What kind of sleigh is used in the Christmas carol “Jingle Bells” ?
One-horse open sleigh
9. How many ghosts visited Ebenezer Scrooge in “A Christmas Carol”?
4 ghosts: Jacob Marley, Spirits of Past, Present & Future
10. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
11. How many reindeer does Santa Claus have? Name all of them!
9 reindeer; Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
12. The world noel is French for Christmas. It can be traced to Latin. What is its original meaning in Latin?
Birthday or relating to birth
13. In Sweden, Christmas presents are delivered by Tomte (Gnome). What do they leave out for him?
Coffee to help him stay on his journey
14. What is the other names for eggnog?
Milk Punch, Holiday Sludge
15. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
16. In Christmas tradition, the first person to find the pickle ornament on the tree on Christmas morning gets this.
Extra present or year of good fortune
17. According to Christmas folklore this creature scares misbehaved children. Who is he?
18. Who composed the music for the Russian Christmas ballet The Nutcracker?
19. The short form for Christmas is “Xmas”. Where does the X come from?
X is from Χριστός which is Greek for Christ
20. Who was the actor of the Christmas movie “Jingle All the Way” ?
21. What are the ingredients of egg nog?
Egg, milk, cream, spices, rum/whisky/brandy
22. Who tracks Santa’s location on Christmas Eve?
NORAD (North American Aerospace Defence Command)
23. What does the wreath symbolize in Christmas tradition?
Eternal life, Crown of Thorns
24. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
25. Which mythology did the custom of kissing under a mistletoe come from?
Norse Mythology: Frigg declares the mistletoe a symbol of love after her son’s death and promises to kiss anyone who passed underneath it.
26. In the song Twelve Days of Christmas, what is given on the 8th day?
8 Maids a milking
27. “Green, pot-bellied, feline-faced Grinch is a bitter, foul-tempered misanthrope whose heart is ____ .”
“two sizes too small”
28. What Christmas decoration was originally made from silver strands?
29. True or false? “Jingle Bells” was originally a Thanksgiving song.
30. What is the name of the main character in the movie “Elf” starring Will Ferrell?
31. Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
Germany (16th century)
32. The real St. Nicholas was born in a region in which modern-day country?
33. What were Frosty the snowman’s two eyes made out of?
34. In the classic poem “Twas the Night before Christmas” what danced in the children’s heads?
Visions of sugar-plums
35. Which country has a tradition of an old woman named Befana who delivers presents to children during Christmas season?
36. How many sides are there on a snowflake?
Snowflakes are hexagonal (6 sides)
37. When does the Russian Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas?
38. Which pagan (Roman) holiday had its traditions incorporated into Christmas?
39. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
40. Children around the world can write and mail their Christmas letters to Santa Claus. What is his postal code? (Hint: It’s based in Canada)
Thanks for playing the Christmas General Knowledge Trivia Quiz! How much did you know?
💬 COMMENT: How many did you get?
#Christmas #Trivia #TriviaQuiz
Befana, italian Epiphany folklore – Tiguliano
34/40 Thanks for this festive quiz.
Interesting set of questions. Merry Christmas.
We got 1000 question right
22 for 4th grade,
we got 19/40 this was a terrible quiz
I don’t remember
This is the best Christmas Trivia quiz in 2021!
Christmas is my favorite holiday
Learnt a lot about Christmas.
proper English, please
Better get em all,or im hangin it up! Christmas is my Culture!
How come I always Mail my letters to Santa and address them to the North Pole. NOT to the Boondocks in Canada.
The Quiz failed on question #1! While there are well over a hundred different names around the world, in the most popular cultural renditions there are at least 10. As you couldn't get that right, I didn't bother carrying on with the rest of the quiz.
Can you be more specific with question 20? There's many actors in the movie. To name a few; Sinbad, Arnold, Jake Lloyd, Micheal McKean, Phil Hartman, Jim Belushi, Robert Conrad, Verne Troyer, The Big Show, Richard Moll and I can go on and on. Now if you said " Who played the main character?" or " Who played Howard" then there wouldn't be as many choices.
Not very many, most of them I've never heard of before.
I managed to get 4 names for Sants, but only 3 were the same as the quiz. Did not do good on the movie ones. Only got one.
Very northern Northern Hemisphere oriented. For the vast majority of the world it doesn’t snow at Christmas. Even in the Northern Hemisphere most people live somewhere it is unlikely to snow, and in the Southern Hemisphere Christmas is about Summer.
In the Southern Hemisphere many Christmas events are focused on outdoor activities. In Australia (and in South Africa) many people gather to sing carols by candlelight outside on a balmy evening on the Saturday before Christmas or Christmas Eve. In Argentina people have fireworks and let off paper lanterns with candles inside (called globes) to float up into the air. In Timor Leste people build and decorate nativity scenes in the streets.
It is such a pity that the idea of snow and cold is so associated with Christmas, when at the time of Jesus’s birth there would have been no snow. If it was that cold, the shepherds would not have outside at night with their flocks.
Wow! I only got 14 right. That’s what I get for thinkin’ I know more than I do. It was an interesting quiz though thanks! 🙂
Very cool video! Thank you for your work! 🎉
I also shoot videos on the topic of quizzes!
📺 GENERAL KNOWLEDGE TRIVIA QUIZ PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfbSejiSSajcdMp_2z8EaJF7jLks_k8HB
🔔 SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE QUIZZES: https://www.youtube.com/user/apptato?sub_confirmation=1